FOR THE BUILDING OWNER
- First, artists will submit designs. We're looking for murals that encourage people to get out of their cars and pose in front of the piece; interact with it; feel inspired by it! Ideas of inclusivity, diversity, and accessibility are encouraged but not required for each design. Organizations and affiliates wishing to promote their own mission-focused themes are welcome to.
- We are not looking for large-scale, full wall murals. This means, even if you only have a small exterior space to give, we'll take it! Reach out to us if you have questions.
- Once artists have submitted their work, an approval process through Awakening Minds Art will filter appropriate and high quality designs. For mural locations within downtown, the approval process will then move to the Downtown Findlay Improvement District.
- If you, as the building owner, request a specific artist or cause to represent, please let us know on your application below.
- After initial approval, Awakening Minds Art will reach out with a recommended mural for your exterior wall space. Other options are available at your request.
- Awakening Minds Art will facilitate an introduction for you and your selected artist. Communications and coordination will, at this time, be passed between the two of you. Awakening Minds Art will remain available as support.
- Artwork must be completed by September 20th, 2021.
- Brochures, funded by The Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau, will be printed with a map of all Findlay murals. We will promote a self-guided tour to kickstart the first printed brochures, and they will continue to be disbursed, helping to increase foot traffic in your area.
- Each mural will have its own dedicated page with pictures, stories, and credits. Artists, businesses, and building owners may also benefit from a great deal of social media exposure.