FOR THE ARTIST
- Submit a design. We're looking for murals that encourage people to get out of their cars and pose in front of the piece; interact with it; feel inspired by it! We are not looking for large-scale, full wall murals. Ideas of inclusivity, diversity, and accessibility are encouraged but not required for your design. Organizations and affiliates wishing to promote their own mission-focused themes are welcome to.
- If your design is chosen, you'll be required to participate in a short online, informative seminar on exterior mural making, and to sign a contract acknowledging your responsibility for completing the work of art during the allotted time period. (Copy of contract linked below)
- You will receive a $500 stipend for purchasing all required supplies. The remaining money is yours to keep for your time spent.
- All murals are to be completed by September 20th, 2021. Artists are encouraged to use volunteers to help with the painting process when appropriate.
- Brochures, funded by The Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau, will be printed with a map of all Findlay murals and information on the project and artists involved.
- Artists and mural inspirations will continue to be promoted on the Awakening Minds Art website long after the project concludes. Each mural/artist will have their own dedicated page with pictures, stories, and credits. Artists may also benefit from a great deal of social media exposure.
Artist stipends are brought to you by the Marianna Hofer Endowment Fund of The Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation.